Post Assessment for the MA

Well suprisingly and much to my shock and after all that worry I got a good mark for my first stage of the MA! After feeling rather despondent and deflated after presenting it (and packing it all away in a cupboard so I didn't have to look at it!) - I feel that I can take on the next stage now.

I guess we all have moments of self doubt....
This is some of the work I put up for assessing. They are based around ideas of automatic writing and are an illustration of my emotional response to some of the objects I have collected and the museums and archives I have been visiting.

They are a collection of inks and graphite on paper. Not sure whether I will translate these into stitch yet? I still need a definite focus for the Diploma Stage for the MA, so that is the next issue to resolve.

Comments

  1. I can see use of these for stitching..reminds me of work of Paul Klee..at least some of his printwork. We're going to use his work in our 'inspired by the masters' challenge. As far as dye camp...just find a 'camp' or other grounds and split the cost of renting! that's how we got started with our dye camp. Just make sure they don't mind their grass getting dyed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Fiona you deserved good mark, your work is outstanding and it will be exciting to see where it develops.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment