Threads of conversation...

Conversations with my grandmother continue, I love listening to her repeat the stories she tells me.  As I listen I learn them for myself, threads continue, new threads begin, I pick up another strand and discover my grandfather was away for nearly 6 years during the war, that he was based in Iceland for a while - how do I only know this now? "I remember it all" she says.  Making time to keep these records is a valuable time.  Threads become long strings of words from small beginnings....

Comments

  1. oh my word - those stitched words are simply amazing!
    beautiful post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - they took some stitching I can tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful and enigmatic. I hope you get to the sculpture park as the new exhibition has an inspiring letter piece.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment