Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3

As part of the MA we have a process called Testing Time, where we have space to hang our work and sign up for group crits/tutorials with various Lecturers and also outside visitors suchs as curators of galleries and museums.  I had a frantic day yesterday getting everything set up, plinths in lifts, plan chests on wheels and up and down stairs (thankfully the porters did the plan chest).  Wouldn't have achieved it without the fabulous technicians and my other colleagues/plinth carriers.  Its great to have sucha a large space to experiment with display although I am a little nervous about the whole crit thing!

We can use something called a 'silent crit' which means I don't have to say anything but just ask my audience to discuss the work and see what their response to it is - I am tempted to try this out first and see whether my themes are coming across in the work.  I forgot my good camera yesterday, but there a few good images that I managed to get with my phone - will add a few more as Testing Time continues.....




You can see some of my colleague/plinth carrier's work here too http://sharonbainbridge.blogspot.com/2011/06/testing-time.html

Comments

  1. Have you managed to instruct Andrew in to plan chest display making yet?? Your work looks amazing and the plan chest really enhances it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always so interesting to me to hear people doing a crit because if it's interesting how different people's opinions effect each other.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment