Putting on a Show

No, not the kind where you need tap dancing shoes and lots of make up, but last week was all about getting ready for the MA Show at MMU.

When I saw these tables in the cafe area of the Holden Gallery at MMU..


... I really wanted the opportunity to use them for the MA show.  Responding to a buidling or a place, rather than just locating a ready made piece in the exhibtion, seemed like a really good opportunity and one I didn't want to miss out on.

So I managed to get hold of some old encyclopedias that just happened to be the right size and got on with some serious book demolition.

 Sliced up pages transported and ready for installation

Building up the stacked papers 

One box down, another 15 to go..



Lovely reflections from the building in the glass

The work is on show at the Holden Gallery at Manchester Metropolitan University untill 4pm Thursday 6th October.

Comments

  1. fabulous Fiona....so glad you secured the space. Such a wonderful response to it....K

    ReplyDelete
  2. very creative presentation! Congratulations on your show. Must be satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very clever and talented Fiona! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Fiona, it looks lovely. I am sooo sorry I was not able to make it to the show. I had planned to go on Wednesday but called into work unexpectedly. I hope it went well for you and look forward to seeing what you do next. Congratulations on completing the MA!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment