The Collector

Some of you will know that I am a collector, and some of you will have seen that recently I have been more committed to my drawing, so you may be able to guess what my new obsession is for collecting ....








Yes I am collecting marks.  I had touched on the idea of marks and traces during my MA work and recently decided to explore this further.  Just a few pages here from a book I have just filled, playing with a very soft graphite stick.  Some are inspired from observation, some just pop into my head, forms of repeat, large to small, heavy to light, possibilities are endless and for someone with a short attention span a perfect way to persue an idea.

Comments

  1. A great collection of marks Fiona, I am looking forward to the collection of drawing instruments too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment