SEE MY OTHER PAGES FOR MORE INFO

Monday, 24 August 2009

Festival of Quilts

Just back from the Festival of Quilts which has been such a positive and lovely event, I think I will be back to earth with a bump today. If you came to visit my stand, then I must say a very big thank you to all of you for making it a truly inspiring experience to have met so many positive, friendly and passsionate people. I hope you will all keep coming back to my blog and stay in touch.

A few of the highlights for me were the other graduates who were exhibiting, as they all start to get blogs and websites, I will be adding links to my blog page so you can see their work too. My neighbour Liz Turton who had amazing knitted and woven fabrics, I hope will become a good friend and we are hoping to do some collaborative work in the future. Other graduates included Tracey Tubb (http://www.traceytubb.wordpress.com/), and Naomi Cotrufo, who had some beautiful embroidery work.

I was also lucky enough to have a visit from Claire Benn and Leslie Morgan from Committed to Cloth (http://www.committedtocloth.com/). They are truly inspiring and you must visit their website. Their books are worth every penny.

Linda and Laura Kemshall also visited the stand, (http://www.lindakemshall.com/), they are passionate about quilts and also have books and journals that are well worth a look. In particular, The Painted Quilt is my favourite.

Anyway - I am gushing, but am still probably over excited after the last 4 days, so check out all my new links on the right to see what else I discovered. Below is a picture of my stand (must do something better with that tablecloth next time!).


7 comments:

  1. Truely beautiful work fiona, Thankyou for the link and hope to see you very soon,
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fiona, I'm glad to hear it all went well. Sorry I couldn't make it I would have like to have seen the show. The summer has just disappeared and I still have so much to do. I hope everything is going well with your work. I think you have earned a bit of a rest!
    Best wishes, Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ! loved your work & was great to meet u. iv got my own blog now (its taken me all day lol)
    will have to meet up soon & keep in touch, seen as we both live in the hud! :)
    naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the lovely comments - I will be in touch with all of you soon - just having a few days off!! (well trying to??) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work at the FOQ - my sister and I were bowled over by your pieces. All the best with your future studies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Fiona. It was so nice to meet you at FOQ.
    I just loved your work. It is so beautiful! I'm so pleased with the picture that I bought from you. I love it!
    I have just mentioned you in my latest blog post if yo want to have a look :-)
    http://SewDanish.blogspot.com

    Take care and good luck to you
    Birgitte

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work looks lovely Fiona - sadly I missed the FOQs this year - I will try to get there next year and maybe your work will be there again.

    ReplyDelete