Visit to Platt Hall

Before the Christmas break from University, I went along with my some of my MA group to have a behind the scenes visit to the costume museum - Platt Hall in Manchester, which is currently closed for refurbishment.

Thought I would share some of my photos with you - these are of all the boxes held in the attic, which are beautiful even before we looked inside them.



Unfortunately the lighting was not good and these were only taken with my phone, so the pictures of the insides are a bit blurry, but here a a few of the better ones.

Beautiful patchwork silk pocket above, and this beautiful glove below.


Another section of the museum holds a collection enclosed in cupboards and lots of draws - this was such a fascinating room for me, as an avid collector of anything and everything, I could happily have lived in it for a few days. Again I had issues with the camera, but am hopeful for another visit when the museum reopens.

The selection of spectacles was magnificent - I can't wait to go back!

Comments

  1. cant tell you how jelous I am reading these posts, youve been busy and having lots of fun. Have contacted Platt Hall and am hoping to visit when they reopen so big thanks for the link you gave me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great! i would love to have a rummage though all that fascinating and gorgeous stuff! Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment