SEE MY OTHER PAGES FOR MORE INFO

Thursday, 30 December 2010

Back to it - smile please :)

So having picked myself up from the gloom of yesterday (thanks for the words of wisdom from Leslie on previous post), called back into the studio for a few hours and took some more photos to document my work so far and make some notes.  There are some good ideas there, I just need to make a bit more sense of them to move it on.
Binding things shut - a memory contained, or lost, inaccessable. 

 Small scrolls, a collection of memories.


 Wrapped in gold thread, preserved, threads of conversation, connected, stored. 


  at the edge of memory, blurred details, vivid imagery.


Missing, extracted, empty, absent.



7 comments:

  1. I'm loving the direction your work is going in. I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have some very interesting ideas here. The theme you are pursuing is quite a difficult one to visualise, but these first ideas have great potential. I look forward to seeing where this leads.
    Ruth
    http://www.sew2speak.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These images - how very exciting they are! The words as companions are just right - delicate but succinct.
    Memory - its such a large part of life. Looking forward to seeing where you take this Fiona.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for such lovely words of encouragement :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all looking great Fiona. I know how frustrating it gets but then suddenly you make a little break through and its all OK again. Happy new year xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks GREAT!
    Wishing you all the best for 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the idea of bits of memory or thoughts or words wrapped scroll-like- for safe keeping perhaps.

    ReplyDelete