Scared of Drawing : {

I've been meaning to post about this for a while.  I spent a lovely day last month at the Halifax branch of the Embroiderers' Guild, running my Mapping Marks for Stitch workshop.  I always begin this workshop with some drawing, and often get responses of "I can't draw", " I don't enjoy drawing".  It seems that many of us are scared at the prospect of beginning to draw, but I have some fun techniques to get people started, and have to say that the Halifax Embroiderers' took the challenges on board and created some lovely marks on paper. There were so many to choose from, I could do with a separate blog, but here are just a few of them.










They also get the prize for the best response to a machine embroidery demo with a fabulously long "Oooooooo" (the type usually used for fireworks!!)  Thank you for a lovely day ladies.

You can see more about their day on Anne's blog here..Anne

Comments

  1. Your Anne blog doesn't excist according to my machine!. love the drawings l can see here.xlynda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynda - have put the link in to Anne's blog again - should be working now. Thank you for your comments - Fiona :)

      Delete
  2. had a fantastic day and have done the drawing section with my A level textile students. Thanks again can't wait to do another workshop with you thanks Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, great to hear you are passing the fun of drawing on. New workshops coming soon!

      Delete

Post a Comment