Super Duper Lovely Day

What a lovely day the Open Studio event was yesterday in Leek. If you made it along then a big thank you for visiting. It was great to see so many people in the shop and studio.

We started the day taking down the brown paper from the shop front and although our signage is not yet sorted - I don’t think we did too bad a job of making a pop up shop for the day.


We even had a shop cat in the window ready to welcome everyone ...


It was a busy day and good to be part of the event in the town. Having spoken to some of the other studios taking part last night - it seems that we all had lots of visitors and everyone is keen to see the event grow each year. This was my first year of taking part - the Leek Open Studios is only in its third year, so it was exciting to hear that everyone had been busy.


There was a lot of fun had with the moustache selfie I’d painted onto the shop window....



I love you all for interacting with this because it really has given me such a fabulous set of happy photos. I always hope that my creativity is a positive and happy experience and the moustache selfie was so much more successful than I imagined. 

You can see from my smile below how much I enjoyed it - I’m so grateful for everyone who turned out on the day.  So I’m planning some more pop up events in the shop and will open my studio again in the future. It was good to get feedback from visitors about the space and my designs. My order book got some new customers and I have some new people to add to the mailing list. So if you’re thinking of taking part in an open studio event then I’d definitely recommend it. Thanks to the organisers of Leek Open Studios too - you did a fab job!










Comments

  1. Oh wow, so you have a shop as well as a workshop ? Fantastic ! I must pop in very soon :)

    I just opened my own little shop this weekend and Leek folk have been so supportive. I love Leek !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi - yes we have a shop space too - it won’t be open all the time but we have plans for more events. Which is your shop Lesley - I’ll gave to come visit. I agree Leek is just super - we are lucky 🍀

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a great time!!! Love the mustache photo ops!!! Great idea...as was the kitty in the window!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was just so much fun seeing people enjoy themselves with the moustache selfies. Thanks x

      Delete

Post a Comment