New Workshop Signage

We have been wanting to sort out our workshop front for ages, but with a house renovation to do first, this has been waiting until we had time to give it some proper attention.

My workshop and studio is based in an old Ginger Beer Factory - its had a few additions over the years, including a large window which I think must have been done in the 60's so its a bit of an eclectic mix and was a challenge to decide what would work as signage.


It had to be called the Ginger Beer Factory - its a creative space as well as my studio and home to Rita my Riso machine, so that was the starting point for the design.

We used Leek Signs, a local company who had been recommended, and so I sent off the design and they got started.  My partner, Andrew sprayed the letters once they had been cut and then Leek Signs pulled everything else together.





I was so nervous on the day that they came to fit the sign, bit it went up with no problem, and we have had a frosted film added, to create a peep hole which allows us to display some of my products, but also gives some privacy when I am running workshops in the space.





And now its up - I am really pleased with it, we both are.  I can't quite believe we've done it.  A very long time ago - when I was a teenager I always wanted a shop - its not a retail shop in that sense but it is a space that we can create in and home to my studio and workshop, that I am exited to keep developing and seeing where it takes us next.





Comments